- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Locates Missing Woman Safe
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
This morning, as part of continued efforts to locate missing 79-year-old Joyce Patrick, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office Incident Management Team developed a search map for the area of her last known location and assigned air squadron planes to conduct an aerial search.
While conducting an aerial canvas of the area north of Pyramid Lake, an air squadron pilot observed a vehicle similar to the one Patrick was last known to be driving before her disappearance.
The vehicle's coordinates were provided to Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, who then coordinated with the Pyramid Lake Police Department to send Rangers to the area to check the vehicle.
Pyramid Lake Rangers responded to where the vehicle was observed and located Joyce Patrick safe.
Patrick is well and has been safely reunited with her family.
“I am proud of our air squadron today and every day,” Sheriff Darin Balaam added. “They are a strong asset to our Office and the community we serve.”
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.