Sheriff's Office

House Watch

Residents of the unincorporated area of Washoe County who meet the below criteria can request a House Watch.

  • If you plan to be away from your home for a period of time, not to exceed 30 days.
  • Or if there are other extenuating circumstances where additional police patrol is desired. 
Once your home is added to the House Watch list, Washoe County Sheriff's Office personnel will attempt to periodically drive by and check on your home, as time and staffing levels permit.

Please Note - We cannot guarantee that your home will not be burglarized or vandalized while you are away. This service is not intended for vacant homes, winter homes, homes listed for sale, or indefinite hospital stays.

To request a House Watch, please do one of the following:

  • Complete and submit the form below.
  • Call our Field Services Desk Monday through Thursday from 7:00am - 5:00pm at: 775-328-3002