- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Main Phone: (775) 328-3310
A Civil Document Drop Box is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Located in the Public Lobby of the Washo County Sheriff's Office, documents can be dropped in a safe and secure location.
All documents must be accompanied with all appropriate instructions for service, filed stamps, seals, and applicable fees.
Failure to comply with any of these requirements will result in the return of documents.
In-person services are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For all other locations or information on how to mail in documents please contact us at 775-328-3310.
Effective August 15, 2022 the Civil Section hours will be:
THIS OFFICE IS PROHIBITED FROM GIVING LEGAL ADVICE.
The Civil Section provides services in accordance with Nevada Revised Statues (NRS). Documents for service must be submitted with the appropriate Instructions for Service, filed stamps, seals and applicable fees. For questions regarding fees, Instructions for Service, delivery of documents or services provided please call (775) 328-3310.
We do not validate or authenticate any documents. We do not provide service outside the of Washoe County. Improperly prepared paperwork is not our responsibility. Service requests without proper paperwork, instructions or payment will be returned. We do not accept electronic payments over the phone or website.
The Civil Section does not have access to court documents. This office does not store or retain any documents for safekeeping. Please contact the court of jurisdiction to obtain any court documents or proofs of service.