- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Lead Officer Involved Shooting Investigation in Reno
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
On Monday, September 4th, at approximately 12:30 a.m., the Reno Police Department was involved in an officer involved shooting in the 2600 block of Yori Ave in Reno.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation and assisted by the Sparks Police Department.
This is an active and ongoing investigation, with no outstanding suspects or threats to the public.
Updates will be released as they become available, and once this investigation is complete, it will be submitted to the Washoe County District Attorney’s Office for review.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office asks anyone who may have witnessed this incident or has information related to this incident to please call the Washoe County Sheriff's Detective Division at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.