- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Missing Juvenile Located Safely in Montana, Non-Custodial Biological Mother Arrested
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
UPDATE on 7/27/2023 Washoe County Sheriff’s Office press release: Toole County Sheriff’s Department Deputies in Montana have arrested 45-year-old Angela Sloan.
Sloan was arrested on a fully extraditable warrant to Washoe County and will be booked on additional charges when she is returned to Nevada.
Sloan was located with her missing juvenile and biological daughter, 12-year-old Arya Daffern.
Angela Sloan does not have legal custody of her daughter.
Arya Daffern was found safe and healthy and is now in the care of Child Protective Services as they begin the process of returning her home to Northern Nevada.
Parole & Probation as well as the U.S. Marshals Service were also part of this operation.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.