- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff's Office Investigating Accidental Drowning
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
On Friday, July 28, 2023, at approximately 4:10 pm, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a possible drowning on the east shore of Lake Tahoe.
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Marine 9, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, U.S. Coast Guard, Sand Harbor Lifeguards, and Nevada State Parks responded to the area and located an unresponsive adult male subject in the water.
The victim was transported to Sand Harbor and transferred by ambulance to a local area hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
This incident is being investigated as an accidental drowning, and the victim's name is being withheld pending next of kin notification.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.