- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
- Subject Making Social Media Threats in Custody After Joint Local Law Enforcement Investigation
For Immediate Release
Subject Making Social Media Threats in Custody After Joint Local Law Enforcement Investigation
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
A subject is in custody after allegedly making terroristic threats on social media.
At approximately 1300 hours on May 7, 2023, a subject posted threats mentioning gun violence at the University of Nevada, Reno and a local restaurant on social media.
At approximately 1730 hours on May 8, 2023, the University of Nevada, Reno Police Services/Detectives, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit, Regional Crime Suppression Unit, Regional HEAT Unit along with regional law enforcement partners contacted 21-year-old Skyler Starr-Wong and arrested him without incident.
Starr-Wong was charged with five felony counts of making terroristic threats.
If anyone has any information regarding this case, please call University of Nevada, Reno Police Services at (775) 784-4013 and refer to case 23-233.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.