- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Regional Narcotics Unit arrests California man for drug sales
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Office: (775) 328-6235
Cell: (775) 484-9821
During the investigation, detectives identified and located a drug trafficker from this organization who was traveling to the Reno area. RNU Detectives conducted surveillance on this drug trafficker and ultimately arrested him at the Grand Sierra Resort.
Alberto Diaz-Rodriguez, 30 years old from unknown city in California, was found to be in possession of 31 pounds of methamphetamine during his arrest.
Diaz-Rodriguez was charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of a Controlled Substance for Sales, Sales of a Controlled Substance, trafficking a Controlled Substance and Obstructing and Resisting.
Anyone with further information related to this investigation is asked to contact the Regional Narcotics Unit at (775) 334-3065 or can remain anonymous by calling Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900. Refer to RPD case number 22-11210.
The Regional Narcotics Unit is comprised of Detectives from the Reno Police Department, Sparks Police Department, Washoe County Sherriff's Office, University of Nevada Police Department, Nevada National Guard and Homeland Security Investigations.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.