For Immediate Release
WCSO HASTY Team kicks off t-shirt campaign to raise funds for rescue equipment
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office HASTY Team is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, and to show support -- members of the public can purchase a Performance UPF 50 HASTY Team t-shirt. All proceeds from sales of the $30 t-shirts will fund rescue equipment for HASTY’s 100% volunteer organization.
Some examples of gear the HASTY Team needs to replace are radios, ice axes, and full technical systems which include helmets, harnesses, carabiners, etc. A list of the most pressing needs is below.
The t-shirts promote all the training specialties of the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office HASTY Team volunteers: helicopter, HASTY K9, backcountry, swiftwater, incident management, ski, dive, and technical ropes. The shirts range in size from Youth Medium to 3XL and will ship directly to the customer’s home the first week of March.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office HASTY Team is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. HASTY volunteers respond 24/7, 365 days a year. In 2020 HASTY Team volunteers responded to 115 missions for a total 7,735 volunteer hours on the missions – saving Washoe County taxpayers $486,537.25.
- $1428 - 4 x 300' 1/2" Sterling Static Workpro Rope ($357/ea)
- $2808 - 4 x 600' 1/2" Sterling Static Workpro Rope ($702/ea)
- $1148 - 4 x 300 10mm Sterling Static Workpro Rope ($287/ea)
- $2256 - 4 x 600 10mm Sterling Static Workpro Rope ($564/ea)
- $9000 - 30 x light weight technical systems (helmet, harness, carabiners, prusik, purcell prusik, webbing) ($300/ea)
- $2250 - 30 x ice axes ($75/ea)
- $3750 - 30 x crampons ($125/ea)
- $5700 - 12 x Team Arc'teryx Jackets ($475/ea)
- $12,000 - 15 x Radios ($800/ea)
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.