- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detectives seek information after Reno man arrested for sexual assault of a minor
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detectives are seeking information from the public after the arrest of 42-year-old Rex Bernat of Reno.
Bernat was arrested by the Regional Crime Suppression Unit on April 15, 2021 for a felony fugitive warrant. He faces a charge of Lewd and Lascivious Acts with a Child Under 14 out of El Dorado County for actions that allegedly took place in South Lake Tahoe, California.
Detectives are working in partnership with the South Lake Tahoe Police Department and El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office in this case. Bernat has lived his entire adult life in Washoe County. He is known to use the aliases Ryan or Rayan Samones, Ryan Bernat, and Mykee Daws. Local detectives are seeking information from anyone who may have been victimized by Bernat in Washoe County.
This is an ongoing investigation. Anyone who may have information related to the investigation into Rex Bernat is asked to contact the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.