- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Case Requests
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives arrest man for weekend armed robbery
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives have arrested Clyde Phillips, 23, for an armed robbery which occurred at the Quick Stop in Sun Valley early Saturday morning.
Patrol deputies were called to the convenience store at the intersection of W 1st Avenue and Sun Valley Boulevard shortly before 5:00 a.m. on September 4, 2021 on reports of an armed robbery which just occurred. The suspect used a semiautomatic handgun which had distinct characteristics.
Utilizing surveillance footage, detectives were able to identify a suspect and direction of travel. Phillips was taken into custody at 10:30 p.m. the same night, and the weapon was recovered.
Phillips is charged with one felony count of committing robbery while utilizing a deadly weapon.
This is an ongoing investigation. This incident is believed to be an isolated incident and is unrelated to recent convenience store robberies in the region.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.