- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives investigating shooting during Moon Rocks party as intentional act
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives are now investigating a shooting during a December party near Moon Rocks as an intentional act.
The shooting occurred late Saturday, December 26, 2020.
Deputies initially responded to an area hospital after medical personnel reported treating a 17-year-old girl with a gunshot wound to the thigh. The victim said she was attending a party at “Big Wash” located southwest of the Moon Rocks recreation area. The victim stepped away from the large gathering, with a friend, when she was struck by the bullet.
Initially, detectives investigated the incident as a probable accidental shooting; however, after two dozen interviews with witnesses and party attendees – the scope of the investigation has changed.
Secret Witness is now offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to arrest and prosecution of the suspect in this Battery with a Deadly Weapon. Anyone with information should call 322-4900, or text your tip to 847411 (TIP411) keyword – SW. All calls to Secret Witness remain anonymous. Reference case number: WC20-5450.
Photo: Big Wash, party location highlighted
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.