- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Case Requests
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office seeks to identify, speak with OIS witness
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives continue to lead the regional investigation of the August 4, 2021, Sparks Police Department officer involved shooting.
Detectives are seeking to speak with a man who was seen conversing with the suspect in the moments leading up to the incident. The man pictured is considered a witness. Detectives believe he has crucial information pertaining to the ongoing investigation.
Anyone who has information which can help identify or locate this witness is asked to call the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detectives Division at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at 322-4900. Refer to case number WC21-3740.
Additional updates will be provided as they become available.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.