- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Case Requests
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
About the Washoe County Sheriff's Office
The Sheriff's Office is divided into three Bureaus. While each Bureau/Division has a unique function, they impact the operation of the other Bureaus/Division.
The Administrative Bureau includes Background Investigations, Community Engagement, Training, Fleet Services, Research and Development, Records, Field Services, Civil, Dispatch, oversight of the Regional Public Safety Training Center, and the Forensic Science Division (Crime Lab).
The Detention Bureau includes the administration of the detention facility, alternative sentencing programs, inmate programs, transportation of inmates to court and medical appointments, court security and commissary services for inmates.
The Operations Bureau includes Patrol, Detectives/Investigations Unit, Bomb Squad, Extraditions, NNRIC, Hostage Negotiations, HIDTA/K9, Search and Rescue, S.W.A.T., and RAVEN.
WCSO VISION STATEMENT - The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.