- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
- Regional Citizen's Police Academy
Regional Citizen's Police Academy
Regional law enforcement agencies, including the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, Reno Police Department, Sparks Police Department, and the University of Nevada, Reno Police, are partnering to offer an exciting and intensive ten-week Regional Citizen’s Police Academy that provides unique insight into the day-to-day duties of law enforcement officers.
We invite and encourage any area resident interested in learning how law enforcement officers perform their duty and work to protect the community to apply.
The Academy is scheduled to begin on April 4, 2023, and will include tours of local law enforcement facilities along with demonstrations about police operations and tactics. In addition, classes will discuss the many divisions that make up a police agency, such as Detective, Regional Gang Unit, Bomb Squad, SWAT, K-9, and Crisis Incident Negotiation Teams.
Several of the classes will involve hands-on activities such as emergency vehicle operations, participating in firearms training, conducting building searches, and participating in simulated training exercises.
The Regional Citizens Police Academy is free of charge and open to all qualified applicants. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to attend and a resident of Washoe County. Applicants will be required to pass a background check.
Class size is limited, and students will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information, contact the Washoe County Sheriff's Office at: Sheriff-CommunityEngagement@washoecounty.gov
The 2023 Application period is now closed, the class is FULL.