- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Reno man arrested for possession of child pornography
Please note: This is an Internet Crimes Against Children - Child Exploitation Task Force press release.
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives, along with partners of the Internet Crimes Against Children – Child Exploitation Task Force including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations, Sparks Police Department and Nevada Attorney General’s Office have arrested 21-year-old Sean River Marcelius of Reno for possession of child pornography, a felony.
Detectives were made aware of Marcelius’s activity through a tip from Facebook. Detectives found evidence of more than 250 images and videos on Marcelius’s cell phone.
Marcelius has been under investigation since February and was taken into custody on March 18, 2021.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.