- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office asking for public’s help in locating wanted man for child sex crimes
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Detectives with the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office are seeking the public’s help in locating 18-year-old Cody Stauffenberg.
Detectives have a warrant for Stauffenberg’s arrest for two charges of sexual assault of a child under 14 and three charges of lewdness with a child under 14. This arrest warrant carries a $150,000 bail (bondable) and is extraditable for the contiguous United States.
Stauffenberg has been seen in the area of Toll Road, Geiger Grade, Veterans Parkway, and in the commercial area of Damonte Ranch Parkway. He is known to couch surf, and he is known to associate with multiple female juveniles between the ages of 11-13.
If you know Cody Stauffenberg’s immediate whereabouts please call Secret Witness at 322-4900.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.